(Frequently Asked Questions answered)
- Efficiency and flexibility: Arrangements are generally easier and more flexible as neither you nor your tutor has to travel. The only arrangement that needs to be made is to fix a mutually convenient time for you and your tutor.
- Live interaction: online sessions preserves all the interactive benefits of a face-to-face – discussion with your tutor remains both stimulating and probing. of course, preparing thoroughly for an online tutorial and communicating with your tutor in advance ensures that all the points you want to discuss are covered.
- Access to resources: an online environment gives you and your tutor immediate access to the whole range of online resources that can be easily blended into each online tutorial. Using a whiteboard also means that all your tutorial notes can be saved and sent to you immediately after every tutorial. Tutorials – or parts of tutorials – can be recorded for you to refer to at a later date.
- Study from the comfort of familiar surroundings: studies show that comfort and familiarity can have a significant and positive impact in promoting meaningful learning.
- It is a greener option: The Open University in Britain have found that online courses equate to an average of 90% less energy and 85% fewer CO2 emissions per student than traditional in person courses.
- Around 500 million people around the world speak Spanish as their first language. Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world (second largest language in the US), not only as a first language but also as a second language and its importance economically and socially increases daily.
- Latin American countries are important trading partners.
- Hispanics are the largest minority in the United States, with the majority of them being Spanish speakers.
- Being bilingual makes you more competitive in the workplace. Also, it enables you to gain important insights which monolinguals cannot.
- You can travel to a Spanish-speaking country and really get to know the culture.
- Spanish is a fairly easy language to learn for beginners as pronunciation and grammar rules are very clear.
I try to make sure that the core concepts are fully understood so that a student will be able to recall facts more easily and work through problems much faster.In theTuitionista, we teach them skills on how to use their own strengths to maximise their potential.
From our online teaching experience, we have learnt that it is key to vary the activities during the sessions in order to keep my students’ attention at all times.
We try our very best to show positive attitude even when students are having difficulties on certain topics. An optimistic approach makes children feel comfortable with the tutor.
In theTuitionista, we understand how it feels to learn a language that is completely different from the one you are used to, so we can definitely empathise with the pupil’s situation and create a learning environment that will hopefully make him/her feel more at ease.
We encourage students to solve their own problems by guiding them with leading questions as this reaffirms their understanding of the subject matter. This method allows them to apply the same knowledge to different questions as they answer a question using their own words rather than the tutor’s.
Sometimes a tutor is hired once a week from the beginning of the academic year where the pupil is finding a particular subject difficult; in other cases, a couple of months before exams to aid revision. Every child is different, however consistency and dedication are key against rushing and leave it all for the last minute. However, as you know your child you will probably know if your child is consistent and can work on his/her own or needs a bit more reassurance.
A private tutor will support your child’s learning and guide them to a better and complete understanding of the subject especially as the tutor can focus solely on his or her needs. Competition for university places is extremely tough and tutoring will give the extra edge when it comes to passing the exams. Private tutoring also offers more than just knowledge – it provides students with the study skills which they’ll need during their education and the confidence to progress in life.